TAPL 2023 SPRING SEMINAR
Thursday, April 20TH, 2023
OU-Tulsa, Schusterman Campus – Perkins Auditorium
The TAPL Education Committee is pleased to announce our 2023 Spring Seminar. We have selected an excellent array of speakers, each a professional well-versed in their respective area of expertise.
Our committee has worked hard on the behalf of our membership to secure a lineup that we are confident will benefit the full spectrum of our membership. We have received approval from the AAPL for 6 RL/RPL/CPL credit hours, as well as requested CLE credits from the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Schedule of Events
8:15 am – 8:50 am: CHECK IN
8:50 am - 9:00 am: WELCOME/OPENING REMARKS
9:00 am - 10:00 am: DOMESTIC ENERGY PRODUCER’S ALLIANCE OVERVIEW, DC UPDATE
- Mr. Jerry Simmons - Domestic Energy Producer’s Alliance
10:00 am – 11:00 am: RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL DIVESTITURE PROCESS
- Mr. Christopher McCarthy, P.E. – Meagher Energy Advisors
11:00 am - 12:00 pm: IDENTIFYING LEASE CANCELLATION ISSUES
- Mr. Jason Baker, Esq. - Jason D. Baker Attorney at Law, P.C.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: LUNCH BREAK – CATERED LUNCH (El Tequila Mexican)
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: THE LAND PROFESSIONAL IN AN ENERGY TRANSITION OR ENERGY OPTION LANDSCAPE
- Mr. Carl D. Campbell, CPL – AAPL
2:00 pm - 3:00pm: COMMISSIONERS OF THE LAND OFFICE: MANAGING ASSETS TO SUPPORT EDUCATION
- Mr. Dan Whitmarsh, JD, CPL – Commissioners of the Land Office for the State of Oklahoma
3:00 pm - 4:00pm: UNIVERSITY OF TULSA ENERGY SCHOOL UPDATE
- The Honorable Kathy Taylor – The University of Tulsa Collins College of Business
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: HAPPY HOUR, Presented by EAG
SPONSORSHIPS FOR THE SEMINAR ARE STILL AVAILABLE!
If interested, please contact Alexander T. Robinson, CPL , our Education Director.